There is an extremely long list of accomplishments that LNC has achieved while working with neighborhoods for over 30 years. Below is a very small sampling of some of the things our organization has achieved:
- Assisted City Council in developing a more effective Code Compliance Ordinance
- L.A.N.D. Committee worked with LPD housing detective, special City Attorney and Code Officer to deal with chronic landlord issues in neighborhoods
- Worked with Lansing Police Department to develop TEAM Policing District and Precincts in Lansing
- Provided regular roundtables, public forums, and seminars with Ingham County Empowerment Project for Gun Violence, Stuart Dunnings III Prosecutor, Animal Control, Sheriff Wrigglesworth, Ingham County Land Bank, and many other officials and resource people in the community
- Established the Bea Christy Award in 1987, honoring volunteers who carry on the spirit and work of a woman known in her neighborhood and beyond for her hard work and her multiple kindnesses;
- Developed Neighborhoods-N-Bloom events that attracted 65 neighborhood groups, neighborhood watches, schools, and churches to do neighborhood beautification projects with flowers
- Hosted Paint-A-Place events for over 20 to 30 houses a year for approximately 10 years to paint homes of people with disabilities and low-income citizens
- Testified before both the House and Senate on bills that would directly impact the quality of life in neighborhoods.
- Read more about the LNC history here.